The most important symptom of heart attack is severe heart pain. Heart pain spreading from the chest, left arm, back, stomach to jaw is a precursor of heart attack. It is very severe and its onset often develops abruptly.
Chest pain, shortness of breath, sweating and nausea are the most important symptoms of heart attack. However, a heart attack can occur without being noticed and without any pain. Heart attacks without symptoms can be fatal. As soon as symptoms such as heart pain occur, it is important that the person is admitted to a fully equipped hospital and receives health benefits.
What are the symptoms of a heart attack?
The most prominent symptoms of heart attack are as follows;
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Easy fatigue
- Although sometimes there is significant cardiovascular disease, you may not complain at all
- Heart attack
- Sudden death
If you are alone during a heart attack;
• There is no maneuver to open the occluded vein during a person having a heart attack.
• First call your relatives on the phone as soon as the pain starts and tell the situation.
• Leave the door of your current location. This facilitates the work of the person who is going to help.
• Strong cough may temporarily increase blood flow. Although it is very unlikely to dislodge a newly started clot, it will cough strongly by closing your nostrils.
• If you have aspirin at home, take it with a glass of water.
• Never eat or drink anything.
• Open the window to allow oxygen into the room.
• Wait for help, lying down or sitting down. Definitely don’t expect standing. Because a patient who comes to the hospital with a heart attack should not have a trauma problem.
• Do not exercise to reduce pain.
• Never go under cold or hot water. Especially cold water is very dangerous in such situations. Because it shrinks the heart vessels and non-occluded vessels may cause narrowing.
Women are at higher risk!
Women are largely protected from the risk of heart attack by estrogen hormone before menopause. Some of them are related to congenital anomalies, ie structural defects in the heart. This is accompanied by genetic factors, heart rhythm disturbances associated with severe deterioration of heart muscle tissue. All the heart diseases, especially those under the age of 35 are valid. Therefore, it is necessary to evaluate the cardiac deaths under 35 years of age separately and evaluate the age after age 35.
Heart failure is also among the factors that cause heart attack. Among the symptoms of heart failure, while shortness of breath is seen only in the course of the movement, shortness of breath is observed even while resting. Heart failure is defined as an increasing public health problem in recent years. Today, however, a large proportion of patients with heart failure can continue their lives with special pacemakers, which further increase patient comfort with advancing technology.
Instead of pain, blood pressure can also give a clue about the heart attack!
Sometimes there is no typical heart pain, but other symptoms can be diagnosed. An uncontrolled increase in blood pressure may be one of the most important indicators of the heart attack. A person who is tired of fatigue or sports can be symptom that can not spend much effort before doing it. Therefore, write suspicion with symptoms to anyone without any sign of pain.
If a person has a heart attack near you;
• Do not interfere with someone who has a heart attack, do not give other patients or your own heart medication.
• Immediately deliver the patient to the nearest fully equipped hospital, requesting ambulance assistance.
• In the meantime, place a person with a heart attack in a suitable place
• Raise your feet above the heart level to ensure more blood flow to the heart
• Help loose loose clothing, tie down
• It is important that you bring the patient to a hospital where the examination and treatment can be done in place and properly.
Those at risk of heart attack:
• Patients with high cholesterol
• Patients with hypertension
• Middle-aged and older men and women
• Postmenopausal women
• Overweight people
• Those with a family history of heart disease or a history of heart death at a young age
What are the ways to protect yourself from a heart attack?
• The role of stress in the heart attack is also great.
• Always stop smoking.
• Because excess weight increases the workload of the heart, the ideal weight should be maintained.
• A healthy heart should be allowed to walk in fresh air for at least three days a week.
More Disease Writings: